Friday, May 3, 2013

California, Here I COME!!!



WHAT'S UP I'M GOING TO OAKLAND/SAN FRANCISCO ON MY MISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (until my visa comes and I head to Brazil.) I am so excited. On a scale from 1 to 10 I'm about at a 35. (Don't hurt yourself trying to figure that out.) Seriously though, I got my re-assignment yesterday and I'm SO thrilled. It feels so right and I'm grateful for the chance I've had to stay here. The Lord wanted me here, and now He wants me to go to California. Um, yes. Willingly, happily. It's the best day ever. My new district is so sweet:) All the girls ran to the travel office because I was too nervous, and they were so excited for me that they kept telling everyone all day. I leave next Wednesday morning, and here's what I know:

Nothing.

And by nothing, I mean nothing. Ask me who my new mission president is, orrrrr where I will be living, orrrrrr who I'm going with? I know NOTHING. I've only met one other person who got re-assigned there, which is extremely unusual because generally it's a group of people? So I'm just going to show up where I'm supposed to and follow orders until I show up in San Francisco. I love my mission president already. I can't wait to meet him! I'm going to shake his hand and tell him: "Listen, I'm SO happy I'm here. You don't have to worry one second about me, I'll do whatever it is you need me to do!" And then we'll be best friends!!

Oh, yes! And another thing I don't know is the language in which I will be speaking in 5 days. There are quite a few Spanish branches, and so I might be speaking Spanish. Do I know Spanish? Why, no, I do not! But I can learn. There's also quite a few Chinese wards. That would be a fun little adventure.

These last few days have been simply wonderful. My new districts is so kind. They all have the attitude that I have something so teach them and that's why I'm here, which is very humbling. How can you not love people who are so smart and spiritual and kind, but who treat you like you're the Yoda of missionary work? I know nothing. I don't know what I'm doing. But they don't knowww thatttt yetttt:):):):) Hopefully I can fake it for a few more days!

The first day I was in class with them, I felt prompted to share something I had learned. The Zone Leaders, (in the class,) started freaking out afterwards because they said that something I had said had saved their lives. That night I was chatting with my new companion, (my new best friend,) Sister O. and I said something and she said: Sister Brooks, I can't tell you how many prayers you just answered for me. The next day we taught a lesson and left the room and she just started crying and crying and I asked her what was up and she said: Sister Brooks, I don't know why I feel so confident around you, but I just do!

WORTH IT.

Yes, I have made new running friends, (naturally.) They told me the yesterday that they thought I needed to stay because of some story I had told them that had been something one of them needed to hear.

I'm not doing anything, honestly. I mean, I'm crying a little bit here and there still, and getting re-assigned to California and having a hard time focusing on anything, but this has been a cool experience for me. I haven't done anything. The Lord has just put me in these places with these wonderful people, and I feel so blessed to be able to talk with people and love people. And I'm grateful that He has let me help a few people as well. MISSIONARY WORK IS THE BESTTTTT.

I love the Lord, I love this work, I love you all, I love the Book of Mormon, I love the food, I love my mom, I love the temple, I love SAN FRANCISCO, I love that I have a bed to sleep in.

Life is good. Talk to you on the flip side.

Sister Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment